Harry Porter Theme Open Book Cake

Today I want to share with you a cake I did last week for a eight year old boy Neev.



He loves the book Harry Porter and has watched the movie over and over again. 





The cake is my Chocolate Creme Cake with Vanilla Buttercream and Homemade Fondant / Sugar paste.



I have already made a video on how to make an open book cake. The rest is pretty much easy to make...

For the scarf I rolled a long strip in golden yellow then placed small strips of maroon (is that a maroon?)

For the hat - I started off as a Mexican hat and then shaped the details.

For the broom - I used a dowel stick inside.

For the wand - I used a simple skewer inside.

For the snitch - I rolled a ball of lemon yellow and coated it with gold luster.

For the feathers on the snitch - I rolled very thin gum paste and used a floweriest wire to hold it's shape.  Once dried I stuck them into the ball.



As I said once you get the book done - everything else is pretty much easy to make..

I do hope my explanation helps. Feel free to ask away.



Thanks for stopping by.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Cake Cookies Yummy All Rights Reserved.