Egg-less Chocolate Cake Recipe I

This a  delicious Egg-less chocolate cake recipe that I have been using for a while. I have sent it out to some of you on request by mail. However, since I don't use it so often I tend to have to search it amongst my papers every time some one send me a request.



I have again two request for Egg-less cake so I decided that I'd share it with you on my blog. I do not have any pictures of this right now... It's a fairly simple and quick recipe.

Stays moist and can be decorated as any other custom cake.



This recipe should make 2 - 8" round cakes.



Ingredients 



475 grams 5 cups - Cake Flour

600 grams / 3 cups Brown Sugar

85 grams  /3/4 cup Coco Powder (unsweetened)

240 ml / 1 cup veg oil - I use canola

3 cups water (720 ml)

3 tsp Baking Soda

1 tsp salt

2 tsp Vanilla extract.



 Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 170C/350F

  2. Prepare your baking pans.

  3. Swift together the flour, salt, baking soda. 

  4. In another bowl - whisk together the Veg Oil and Brown sugar - Stir well until most of the Brown sugar is dissolved. 

  5. Dissolve Coco Powder in the Hot water.

  6. Now combine the wet ingredients - Veg Oil mixture with the Coco mixture.

  7. Add Vanilla.

  8. Now combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients - slowly stirring well.

  9. Pour the batter into the baking pans and bake in the center of the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.

  10. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and cool completely before decorating.

Flavor Variation:

If you like Chocolate Orange cake.. Substitute 2 cups of the water with Orange Juice.. the vanilla with Orange extract.



Pan Substitution : to make a

6" round cake - half the above recipe

10" round cake - double the recipe.





Well, I do hope you try this recipe.



Thanks for stopping by.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Cake Cookies Yummy All Rights Reserved.