Vanilla Cream Cake

This is a  delicious Vanilla cake. Why cream? because part of the butter is replaced with cream. Cream add a very different and rich flavor to the cake as well as keeps the cake moist.



When we were kids my mom would replace 3/4 of the butter with cream. She did not use the cartoon cream like I'm doing here.. She used fresh milk cream.

What is fresh milk cream? The fresh milk that is get from cows, before it goes thru any pasteurization or homogenization is full of milk fat.

If you heat that milk, let it cool, you will find that all the milk fat  floats to the surface of the milk. Once the milk is cold, you can take a spoon and scoop up this fat. This is fresh milk cream.

It taste delicious and is so rich and creamy. As kids mom would spread it on bread instead of butter. She would add cut strawberries and .... I could go on.....!



For those of you who live in parts of the world where you get fresh milk cream. I envy you. Try this recipe and you will be amazed at the flavor fresh milk cream gives this cake.

Like me this is also my son's favorite cake. And tomorrow the 8th of May is his birthday. So this one is for him. Next week I will share with you what I made with this cake for him.



Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Cake Cookies Yummy All Rights Reserved.