A Teddy Bear First Birthday cake

Today I want to share with you this cute teddy Bear birthday cake I made for a first birthday.







A very simple cake I admit but still so cute don't you think?

It's a Rich moist coconut cake, filled and decorated with coconut flavored Buttercream and homemade sugar paste..



Well, it's a really simple cake as you can see.  So, I did not think of making a tutorial, but for those who need to know..




  • It's a 9" square cake which I place on a fondant covered board.

  • As usual I leveled, coated with buttercream and then covered it with white fondant on all sides. 

  • Next I cut out strips of blue and covered all four corners then across to form a block pattern as best I could.

  • Next I use a medium teddy cutter to cut out the Ivory teddies. 

  • I used the smallest to cut out the teddies on the board and replaced them with the red teddies. 

  • Made a large teddy out of fondant (mixed with tylos) for the topper. If you do not want to make a topper you could also use a larger teddy cutter and make a large cut out. The set I bought was with three size cutters.

  • Use edible red and black pens to draw bows and dots on the medium and small teddy.


 And that's all there was to this cake.. I hope you like it..





Thanks for stopping by.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Cake Cookies Yummy All Rights Reserved.