Genoise, Light Sponge Cake

I made this Genoise on Thursday for my seventh wedding anniversary celebration.

I remember years ago when making this cake I never called it a Genoise but a light sponge cake. I did not  know the fancy french names back then, but I'm learning.



What I like best about this cake is that it is light both in texture and flavor. That is why it is often used in combination with fruit and whipped cream. You could serve it on it's own with a fruit sauce for a light dessert too. 











Now, this is not a difficult cake to make, but if you do not use the right technique, you might not get the desired results. The leavening agent in this cake is the eggs as there is not baking powder. The flour and butter used is much less then in a regular sponge cake.

It is usually douched with a simple syrup or fruit syrup before decorating. 



Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Cake Cookies Yummy All Rights Reserved.