Request by emails, comments and phone calls

Have you guys been wondering where I am? or why I suddenly stopped posting any tutorials or recipes?

Well, to tell you honestly I have been pretty upset and mad with some of the emails and comments I have received recently.



Some of my visitors think I am a online recipe and tutorial generator! They send me emails asking me to send them a particular recipe or tutorial but I'm not sure I like their tone.



Do you see please or a note of request in any of these emails below. If you were me, what would you think of these? and be honest.  May be I'm being over sensitive here.



  • I want a Bunt cake recipe,


  • How did you make the Panda Cake?


  • I need a coconut cake recipe for the 12 September.


  • Can you send me the link for your Light and Fluffy Vanilla Cake?


  •  My daughter wants a Mermaid cake for her birthday, can you show how you made it. But post the video on you tube cause I don't want to become a member on your website.


  • Here's another one -Can you send me the recipe for fruit cake, not too much fruit and I need it by this Saturday cause it's my husband's birthday.


  • And yet another - I need to make my first wedding cake for my sister. I want to make your yellow butter cake and your DC Chocolate cake.

    Can you tell me how much cake I need ? My yellow cake is for a 12" and  chocolate cake cake is for a 10" and 6".

    She wants to have Calla Lillis for her cake, can you make a tutorial on how to make Calla Lillies? The wedding is in three months but if you can make the tutorial and send me the calculations soon would be great cause i want to practice. Thank you.

Would you reply to any of these emails above? No, I did not. To me these are not worth my time or attention.



Some times I have people who send me emails with all the please and thank you but keep sending me the emails over and over again until they get a reply!



It is very important that you understand this - My blog is for me to share my work with you, It is my leisure activity. I love it because it's my passion. I've made so many cake friends here too. When you send an email to a blog you send it to me, and I am a person not a thing.

Besides; apart from my blog I have my business as well as my family and home. My home and family are my priority, as so is my business. So when I am busy trying to juggle my home, family and orders I cannot reply to your emails no matter how urgent that email may be for you. I'm sorry.



Telephone Calls - I've had a few people who have been stuck in the middle of their recipes and called me too. I'd love to help but sometimes your calls don't always come at the most convenient time for me.

For example, recently a lady called with regard to a recipe and I was chatting online with my website customer support trying to solve some issues on my website builder (yes I made my own websites). I asked her to call me in half hour which she did. But when she called I was still busy and frustrated with my website issues, so though I entertained her I really don't think she got the due attention she deserved.



Anyway, Due to the above issues I almost lost my desire to make tutorials or write a post. Thanks to my husband who helped me ignore these and look at things differently I have now decided It is not right to stop doing something I like just because of a few inconsiderate people.



I do have a few things I'd like to share with you. Unfortunately time is not a luxury I have. When I do have a few minutes to spare I do try to get to the comments and emails as well as writing out my post. (By the way, it's take a long time to write a detailed post). Now with my new food blog writing a post becomes an accomplishment. I have a big back log of pictures and recipes which need to be written and posted.



Some of you ask me to recommend online tutorials - to tell you honestly I wish I could but I never get to see these tutorials much. I never have time to surf the web or watch the whole video on you tube.So I have seen a few but not sure I'd be the best person to recommend.



To end this post, I really want to say a big thank you to those of you who always support and show your appreciation for my blog and my work with you kinds words. To name a few Shalu, Diana, Mary Ann, Manisha, Claudia, Erica, Samantha and a few more.. Appreciate your support.







Thanks for stopping by. Happy cake decorating.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Cake Cookies Yummy All Rights Reserved.